According to Statistics MRC predictions, the value of Global Business Intelligence will grow from $15.64 billion as of 2016 to $29.48 billion by 2022.
Business intelligence comprises processes, tools, and technologies to transform raw data which is taken from various data sources into valid and actionable insights to take optimized strategic and operational business decisions. In broader terms, business intelligence technologies include data integration, data quality, data warehousing, master data management, content analytics, and data visualization. The key competitive advantage BI development gives to businesses is leveraging the insights to outmaneuver the competition and establish a proactive approach to meeting customer demands.
While there is a myriad of tools, including open-source ones, the market faces an acute shortage of Big Data and BI experts. Thus Business Intelligence outsourcing to Eastern Europe is a sound decision since that is a region with a large number of available specialists with pertinent education, skills, and experience, and ample expertise in business intelligence technologies. The region has a combined talent pool of more than 994,800 tech experts ( According to the State of European Tech).
Which country to choose for business intelligence outsourcing?
Business intelligence outsourcing to Ukraine
The country has a strong tech education heritage and many new STEM-based education programs. For instance, Ukrainian Catholic University provides a Master’s program in Data Science. The curriculum covers applied statistics, probabilistic analysis, data science, data visualization, data engineering for data science, machine learning, etc. Also, Lviv Ivan Franko National University has launched the Statistics & Data Science program, which was developed in collaboration with N-iX specialists. The curriculum encompasses such aspects as data collection, business intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, artificial neural networks, and many more.
Many global companies have already benefited from outsourcing development to Ukraine. The country has more than 100,000 IT pros who provide first-rate software development services including BI development. 26 IT companies in Ukraine cover data management. What’s more, according to Linkedin, around 2,000 BI developers work in the IT sector in Ukraine.
BI outsourcing to Poland
Poland has a talent pool of around 4,000 BI developers, according to Linkedin. Leading communities organize different local and international BI and big data events such as Big Data Technology Summit, Big Data Tech Warsaw, Devoxx Poland, Big Data Technology Summit, etc. On top of that, various workshops take place in Poland including IDC Business Intelligence Executive Workshop.
What’s more, such global consulting companies as Atos Consulting and the international market intelligence company IDC have their offices in Poland.
Top BI outsourcing companies in Poland: QBusrst, SoftwareMill, Codeheroes, ClearCode.
Business Intelligence outsourcing to Hungary
Hungarian IT specialists are also adopting new trends quickly and BI application development is not an exception. According to Linkedin, almost 1,500 BI developers are engaged in the software development sector in the country.
Hungarian BI community arranges international Business Intelligence and analytics events such as Budapest BI Forum and BI MettOFF. Also, Hungarian Business Intelligence specialists meet up and network at such events as Budapest BI Meetup, Budapest Big Data Meetup (including BI Edition), Budapest Data Science Meetup, etc.
Leading BI outsourcing companies in Hungary: Pactera, Ness, Iqor, Neoris.
Business Intelligence outsourcing to Romania
Romania is also known for the vast talent pool of software engineers. According to Linkedin, around 2, 000 BI application development experts are currently engaged in the IT market. As for the demand on Glassdoor, around 50 companies are currently seeking BI developers In Romania. They include Microsoft, ING, ISDC, Oracle, etc.
Romanian BI application development specialists network and share knowledge at different meetups. For example, Bucharest BI & SQL User Group arranges frequent meetups specialized in Big Data, BI, SQL Server, OLAP, SSIS, SSRS. Such organizations as Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence foster Business Intelligence research and development of BI community.
Top BI outsourcing companies in Romania: Qubiz, Ropardo, Incrys, Softelligence.
Eastern European companies have sufficient engineering resources to efficiently staff your project. Ukraine and Poland, in particular, have a vast talent pool of BI outsourcing experts with solid IT background and long-lasting experience in providing BI services. Therefore, many global companies have benefited from outsourcing Business intelligence development and outsourcing Business Intelligence consulting to Eastern Europe.
How to choose BI outsourcing specialists:
- A business intelligence developer is to possess the following skills: warehouse design skills, expertise in SQL, Python, Java, etc. Look for a company with expertise in a wide range of BI tools and technologies (for data warehousing: MS SQL, Redshift, etc.; for an interface: Tableau, Power BI, Pentaho, Excel, QlikView, QlikSense, Cognos, MicroStrategy, etc.).
- If a project entails big data storage, a BI outsourcing vendor should be able to offer expertise and experience in integrating Big Data with business intelligence (good command of tools such as Hadoop, Spark, AWS Kinesis, Hive, Pig, Kafka).
- Implementing Data Science if predictive analytics is required.
- A Business intelligence outsourcing company must have available data analysts who can render BI reports into insights to enable better strategic and operational decision-making.
- Working with both on-premises and cloud solutions (Microsoft and AWS) for Business Intelligence.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft BI Stack: MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Tabular models, Power BI, and Master Data Management service.
- The capability of handling projects of various sizes ( from 1 to 40 people).
- Ability to handle sensitive data using encryption.
- Presence of domain knowledge in multiple industries to ensure a better understanding of the business logic and more effective data analysis.
- Certified developers with Microsoft and other BI vendors’ certificates.
- A BI outsourcing company should employ a custom approach and be capable of meeting various customer demands. For instance, for one of our clients, Gogo, which is a leader in in-flight connectivity and entertainment, the N-iX team provides a wide range of data-driven services, including Business intelligence outsourcing. They include Big Data services ( the company has to store and process a vast amount of data about the speed and quality of the solutions it offers to many airline companies), Data Science (predictive analytics), and BI development and reporting (collecting and aggregating data from various sources and presenting it in an intelligible way).
Stages of BI application development at N-IX:
- Establishing a customer’s business needs. The BI outsourcing company both works with the available customer’s requirements and is able to analyze the client’s needs and formulate the requirements for a customer.
- Analyzing data sources and creating warehouse design. A business intelligence developer builds the solution (both on-premises BI and cloud solutions such as Microsoft and AWS).
- Validating results after deployment of the solution.
- Optimization of the performance of business intelligence solutions.
- Quality assurance of BI solutions at various stages of development.
- Support and maintenance of the solution.
N-iX business intelligence developers provide business intelligence consulting, implement comprehensive data warehousing and reporting solutions. We also integrate and customize the existing BI software to provide our clients with the most suitable solutions to their business problems. Our BI experts have extensive expertise in data extraction, data aggregation, data grouping, data modeling, and data visualization and use the latest BI tools to produce compelling reports and reveal actionable insights.
As one of the leading IT outsourcing destinations, Eastern Europe has an impressive talent pool of qualified and certified specialists with expertise in a wide range of business intelligence tools and technologies as well as experience in business intelligence consulting. Top BI outsourcing companies here are flexible and can meet the demands of BI outsourcing projects which vary in size, domain, data sensitivity, required technology stack, and the number of engaged business intelligence developers. The companies can provide BI services or integrate Big Data with business intelligence tools. Afterward, based on the insights, Data analysts can implement operational and overall business strategy analysis. Therefore, Business Intelligence outsourcing to countries of Eastern Europe may bring a lot of tangible benefits to your business.