Executive summary Executive summary
About our client
Schibsted is an international media corporation with more than 7,300 employees in 22 countries. The company provides a broad range of media services from newspapers and multimedia content to online classified marketplaces and media houses.
The client needed to extend their development capabilities to build new solutions as well as modernize and support the existing media products. They teamed with N-iX to integrate multiple websites, CMSs, and services into one platform and introduce new efficient technologies.
N-iX team designed, developed and tested Schibsted’s multiple software products, introduced a lot of new features and wide functionality, modernized the tech stack, performed a number of integrations and migrations to guarantee the smooth performance of all the client’s websites.
- developed three responsive high-load websites with over 60,000 unique daily visitors;
- redesigned and migrated four different websites into one including database migration;
- integrated of Neo4j graph DB with Elasticsearch Engine and introduced the Recommendation Engine into current operations;
- developed cross-platform mobile applications for seamless user experience.
Success story in detail
- Extend the technological capabilities for increased software development speed and greater business agility;
- Deliver new smart services that will meet the ever-changing customer demands, while supporting and modernizing the existing solutions;
- Introduce the latest technologies and engines into existing operations;
- Minimize production downtime to ensure all time access to media content;
- Create an efficient testing framework and environment that would guarantee flawless operation of the system.
- Migrate 4 existing websites into one (including DB migration, UI/UX redesign and adding new functionality);
- Integrate multiple websites, CMSs, and services into one platform;
- Develop and support the system infrastructure and provide high load system support;
- Migrate all of the company’s existing products to a newly created environment;
- Integrate Neo4j graph DB with Elasticsearch Engine and introduce the Recommendation Engine.
N-iX professionals redesigned and migrated four different websites into one including database migration. The team migrated all the supported products to a newly created environment using AWS, Redis, Kubernetes, Nginx, Jenkins, GIT, and other technologies. The team found a way to efficiently deliver business value and introduce new features to production while upgrading the existing functionality (migrating from Angular to React JS) at the same time.
Additionally, our specialists worked on the integration of Neo4j graph DB with Elasticsearch Engine and introduced the Recommendation Engine into current operations. The team also worked on message queue handling with RabbitMQ. Our dedicated development team has demonstrated great flexibility and responded quickly to all urgent requests from the customer. Therefore, this facilitated product maintenance and minimized production downtime.
N-iX provided end-to-end software development from design to testing and support of Schibsted solutions. The team managed to establish effective communication with the client and did detailed planning of every project stage. Thus they managed to meet the customer’s expectations and successfully performed a number of integrations and migrations to guarantee smooth performance of all the websites.
In close cooperation with the product owner, N-iX specialists developed three high loaded web-projects with responsive design and more than 60,000 unique daily visitors, namely sysla.no, live.sysla.no and iLaks.no. Additionally, the team developed cross-platform mobile applications that make Schibsted media content easily accessible on mobile devices and provide customized push notifications. N-iX specialists were also responsible for continuous support and modernization of current websites and their integration with the latest technological advancements.