August 29, 2019 - N-iX, a leading Ukrainian IT service company, releases ‘Ukraine - The Country That Codes’, an extensive report on the Ukrainian IT industry. The research covers the IT market dynamics, the growth of the engineering talent pool, major Ukrainian IT cities, the business climate in Ukraine, and other factors that shaped the Ukrainian IT market in 2018-2019.
The main goal of the research was to bring together all the available information about the Ukrainian tech market to help various market players make informed business decisions. The report is aimed at helping investors, Ukrainian tech businesses, companies that are looking for a software development partner, and other market players navigate the Ukrainian IT market more easily.
The report is based on the information and statistics from almost 100 sources. It uses the research by Ukrainian and international advisory firms, media, business associations, and other reputable sources, including PwC, Gartner, CBInsights, StackOverflow, A.T. Kerney, Bloomberg, DOU, and others. Also, N-iX acknowledges the contributions by Lviv IT Cluster, IT Ukraine Association, EBA, ACC, NUCC, CUCC, AHK Ukraine.
Key findings presented by N-iX include:
- Doing Business Index has improved by 61 positions since 2013;
- ICT became the 3rd largest export service industry, amounting to more than 20% of all Ukrainian service exports;
- Ukrainian IT industry is growing at a 26% rate;
- There are currently more than 4,000 tech companies operating on the market;
- IT talent pool in Ukraine reached 185,000 specialists;
- Ukraine ranks 20th on 2019 A. T. Kearney Global Services Location Index of the most attractive outsourcing destinations;
- More than 100 companies on the Fortune 500 list are clients of Ukrainian IT firms;
- 17 IT companies that have development centres in Ukraine were included in 2019 Global Outsourcing 100 by IAOP;
- The USA, the UK, Western Europe, and the Nordics are the key export markets of Ukrainian IT service companies;
- 67% of Ukrainian IT professionals live in Kyiv, Lviv, and Kharkiv;
- 60% of Ukrainian IT professionals work in IT outsourcing companies;
- 50 largest Ukrainian IT companies employ over 58,000 people.
Please, follow the link to access the full report and download the PDF.