According to Statistics MRC predictions, the value of Global Business Intelligence will grow from $15.64 billion as of 2016 to $29.48 billion by 2022.
Business intelligence comprises processes, tools and technologies to transform raw data which is taken from various data sources into valid and actionable insights to take optimized strategic and operational business decisions. In broader terms, business intelligence technologies include data integration, data quality, data warehousing, master data management, content analytics, and data visualization. The key competitive advantage it gives to businesses is leveraging the insights to outmaneuver the competition and establish a proactive approach to meeting the customer demands.
Source: BI Insights
While there is a myriad of tools, including open-source ones, the market faces an acute shortage of BI experts. Thus outsourcing BI Development to Ukraine is a sound decision since that is a country with a large number of available specialists with pertinent education, skills, and experience, and ample expertise in business intelligence technologies.
The country has a strong tech education heritage and many new STEM-based education programs. For instance, Ukrainian Catholic University provides a Master’s program in Data Science. The curriculum covers applied statistics, probabilistic analysis, data science, data visualization, data engineering for data science, machine learning etc. Also, Lviv Ivan Franko National University has launched the Statistics & Data Science program, which was developed in the collaboration with N-iX specialists. The curriculum encompasses such aspects as data collection, business intelligence, machine learning, computer vision, artificial neural networks, and many more.
Many global companies have already benefited from outsourcing development to Ukraine. The country has more than 100,000 IT pros who provide first-rate software development services including BI development. 26 IT companies in Ukraine cover data management. What’s more, according to Linkedin, more than 430 BI developers work in the IT sector in Ukraine. Key Ukrainian software development companies which have expertise in business intelligence solutions development and are a good fit for business intelligence outsourcing to : N-iX, Ciklum, SoftServe, EPAM Systems, Infopulse, SoftElegance, SpdLoad, and Vacoms.
When outsourcing BI development to Ukraine and looking for a provider, consider the following aspects:
- A business intelligence developer is to possess the following skills: warehouse design skills, expertise in SQL, Python, Java, etc. Look for a company with expertise in a wide range of BI tools and technologies (for data warehousing: MS SQL, Redshift, etc.; for interface: Tableau, Power BI, Pentaho, Excel, QlikView, QlikSense, Cognos, MicroStrategy, etc.).
- If a project entails big data storage, a vendor should be able to offer expertise and experience in integrating Big Data with business intelligence (a good command of tools such as Hadoop, Spark, AWS Kinesis, Hive, Pig, Kafka).
- Implementing Data Science if predictive analytics is required.
- A company must have available data analysts who can render BI reports into insights to enable better strategic and operational decision-making.
- Working with both on-premises and cloud solutions (Microsoft and AWS) for Business Intelligence.
- Capability of handling projects of various sizes ( from 1 to 40 people).
- Ability to handle sensitive data using encryption.
- Presence of domain knowledge in multiple industries to ensure better understanding of the business logic and more effective data analysis.
- Certified developers with Microsoft and other BI vendors’ certificates.
- A company should employ a custom approach and be capable of meeting various customer demands. For instance, for one of our clients, Gogo, which is a leader in in-flight connectivity and entertainment, N-iX team provides a wide range of data-driven services. They include Big Data services ( the company has to store and process a vast amount of data about the speed and quality of the solutions it offers to many airline companies), Data Science (predictive analytics), and BI development and reporting (collecting and aggregating data from various sources and presenting it in an intelligible way).
Stages of BI development at N-iX:
- Establishing customer’s business needs. The company both works with the available customer’s requirements and is able to analyze the client’s needs and formulate the requirements for a customer.
- Analyzing data sources and creating warehouse design. A business intelligence developer builds the solution (both on-premises BI and cloud solutions such as Microsoft and AWS).
- Validating results after deployment of the solution.
- Optimization of the performance of business intelligence solutions.
- Quality assurance of BI solutions at various stages of development.
- Support and maintenance of the solution.
N-iX business intelligence developers implement comprehensive data warehousing and reporting solutions. We also integrate and customize the existing BI software to provide our clients with the most suitable solutions to their business problems. Business intelligence consultants at N-iX have extensive expertise in data extraction, data aggregation, data grouping, data modeling, and data visualization. Our BI specialists are proficient with the Microsoft BI Stack: MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Tabular models, Power BI, and Master Data Management service. We use the latest BI tools to produce compelling reports and reveal actionable insights.
As one of the leading IT outsourcing destinations, Ukraine has an impressive talent pool of qualified and certified specialists with expertise in a wide range of business intelligence tools and technologies. Top Ukrainian companies which specialize in BI development services are flexible and can meet demands of projects which vary in size, domain, data sensitivity, required technology stack, and the number of engaged business intelligence developers. The companies can provide BI services or integrate Big Data with business intelligence tools. Afterwards, based on the insights, Data analysts can implement operational and overall business strategy analysis. Therefore, outsourcing BI development to Ukraine may bring a lot of tangible benefits to your business.