StarBreach is an immersive demo game that was built to showcase the impressive graphical possibilities of Xenko – an open-source cross-platform game engine developed by Silicon Studio. Its wide tool suite can be used to create mobile and PC games with C#. Xenko is highly compatible with VR as it features forward clustered rendering which allows to deliver quality virtual reality experiences and games.
- art production for StarBreach demo game
- creation of PBR graphical assets
- integration of art assets into the engine
Success story in detail
- Immersive demo game
- VR and non-VR gameplay options
- 2D and 3D art development and animation
- High quality graphical assets
- Exploiting the possibilities of Xenko game engine
Silicon Studio was looking for an experienced art production team that could create high quality game art for the StarBreach demo game. At the same time, the client wanted to demonstrate the technological possibilities of Xenko game engine.
Following the client’s requirements, our team worked on 2D concepts for the ‘StarBreach’ demo game. Based on them, our 3D artists created PBR graphical assets for the game presentation at GDC 2016.
N-iX professionals were able to establish effective communication with the client, which helped them to attain the stated objectives. They delivered a number of appealing assets that reveal the benefits of Xenko game engine, and especially, the potential it has in VR domain.
- Compelling game art for the ‘StarBreach’ game that showcases the opportunities Xenko offers to game programmers.
- Enhanced user experience of the engine thanks to the insights provided by the team.