OpenText Content Server solution satisfied our client’s content management needs thanks to its ease of use, flexibility, and wide functionality. However, the client’s main concern was to ensure that typical documents always have the same structure, with some essential elements, and only designated sections of the document are editable by the staff.
More specifically, our customer already had their client information stored in Content Server, so they needed to develop functionality for creating legal contracts using this information. The requirements included:
- having a list of predefined contracts available from the standard Content Server interface;
- both flexibility and control when creating legal documents;
- a legal contract should have predefined static parts and provide the possibility to change customer-specific parts of the contract;
- the ability to create documents fast and represent their specific relationship with each specific contractor;
- keeping the list of templates short, so expanding the list of contract templates for each contractor wasn’t an option.