3D game development services are often focused on Unreal Engine and Unity engines. These are the two most renowned 3D game development tools that are used for creating gaming masterpieces. If you are looking for outsourcing companies that have extensive experience with these engine, this article with the top 10 game development companies might help you make the right choice.
To compile this comprehensive list, our team researched nearly two hundred candidates that are either top-rated on GoodFirms and Clutch or possess a strong LinkedIn and Google presence. We carefully studied their previous projects, industry experience, team composition, testimonials, and social media accounts. Then, our team selected the best 3D development companies based on the following criteria:
- Portfolio of 3D game development projects
- Cooperation with prominent clients
- Experience with AAA projects
- Positive client reviews
Top 10 Companies That Offer 3D Game Development Services
Here is a list of the 10 best 3D development companies with extensive game engine experience and decent portfolios of completed projects:
1. N-iX Game & VR Studio
N-iX Game & VR Studio was established in 2012 as a separate unit of N-iX, a leading European software development company with 2,000+ software engineers and 20 years’ market presence. This 3D game development company currently houses 200+ professionals and is focused on providing an array of game development services, including Unity development and Unreal Engine development, 2D/3D art production and animation, co-development, full-cycle game development, cloud services, VR & metaverse solutions, and NFT production.
N-iX Game & VR Studio is a long-time partner of Paradox Interactive (4+ years), Wargaming (3+ years), and Tempo Storm (3+ years). Our team has contributed to such AAA and large projects as World of Tanks, Sniper: Ghost Warrior Contracts 2, Remothered: Broken Porcelain, Stellaris, Crusader Kings III.
2. The Knights of Unity
This 3D game development company was founded in 2015 by three Unity developers and, as the name implies, their services revolve around the Unity game engine. Today their team consists of almost a hundred specialists, 45 of which are Unity developers. The company offers such Unity 3D game development services as multiplatform development, porting, virtual and augmented reality, rapid prototyping, game design, art support, etc.
The company worked with more than 50 companies across the globe and completed over 90 projects, including Solasta: Crown of the Magister, Tools Up, GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, Disco Elysium, and others.
3. Valkyrie Entertainment
The company, founded in 2002 in Seattle, Washington, provides various game development outsourcing services, such as art production and co-development. Their team has an average of 11 years of experience in the video game industry. It contributed to several triple-A game titles, including League of Legends, God of War, Middle-earth: Shadow of War, etc. The company also developed its own game GUNS UP!, which is a cross-platform multiplayer strategy game for PC and PS4.
4. Keywords Studios
Founded in 1998, they are the old-timers among 3D development companies. Over this time, the company has grown dramatically and now has offices in 22 countries across the globe. Keywords Studios owns several art production and game development outsourcing studios and offers a vast range of services, including co-development, porting, remastering, tool development, etc. The company’s teams are experienced in all major platforms (console, mobile, web, Windows, macOS, Linux) and can work with all major game engines.
Their game development portfolio includes multiple triple-A game projects like Mafia 3, Mass Effect: Andromeda, For Honor, and more.
5. Room8 Studio
Established in 2011 in Kyiv, the company is an art production and game development solutions provider. They offer full-cycle development, game porting, level design, and other game development services. Additionally, the company’s art production services range from concept to ready-for-implementation models; they offer pre-production, UI/UX, 2D/3D design, modeling, and animation services.
The studio cooperated with large game publishers like Ubisoft, Gameloft, Wargaming and worked on Fall Guys, Control, World of Tanks, etc.
Set up in 2004 and headquartered in Singapore, this company is one of the leading game development companies with production studios across Europe, Asia, and North America. The company unites more than 2,500 full-time professionals and offers video game development outsourcing services. They include Unreal and Unity development, and 3D art production services, among which are character and environment design, 3D animation, and concept art, illustrations, and more.
The company’s portfolio includes Assassin’s Creed: The Ezio Collection, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Horizon Zero Dawn, etc. Virtuos works with Arkane Studios, Avalanche Studios, Activision Blizzard, and others.
7. Studio Gobo
Founded in 2011 and based in the digital hub of Brighton & Hove, this 3D game development company unites a team of interactive designers and game developers. They have experience with triple-A game titles and provide game development services for all platforms. The range of services includes R&D, art production, co-development, etc.
The company partnered with Ubisoft, Disney, Avalanche and worked on such projects as Hogwarts Legacy, Hyper Scape, For Honor, and others.
8. Flix Interactive
The company was founded in 2012 and is currently offering full-cycle and co-development services for a variety of platforms. Their team consists of Unreal Engine developers, content authors, and technology specialists.
The company cooperates with Microsoft, Snowman, Epic Games, etc., and its game development portfolio includes titles like Sea of Thieves, Zombie Army 4, Worms Rumble, and others.
9. Dragon's Lake Entertainment
This 3D game development company has a team of 150+ developers that specialize in multi-genre PC & Console game development. The company offers such game development services as co-development, full game development, creative services, posting, and remastering.
The studio cooperated with large game publishers like Epic Games, Sony, 505 Games and contributed to such game titles as Outriders, Bulletstorm, We Happy Few, and others.
10. Anshar Studios
The company was founded in 2012 and currently employs 90+ specialists. It offers a wide array of game development services, including programming, design, audio production, and QA. Their team is experienced in Unreal Engine and can work with proprietary engines.
The company’s portfolio includes such game titles as Darksiders 3, Divinity Original Sin 2, and Outriders. They cooperate with Larian Studios, Fool’s Theory, Bloober Team, etc.
Why Choose N-iX Game & VR Studio As Your Partner
We are a studio with 200+ game development specialists and 9+ years of experience in game development, also supported by a larger organization with extensive resources. Here are some of the benefits that we offer as one of the best 3D development companies:
- Strong company brand. We are recognized by Forbes as one of Ukraine’s top employers and rank second in the Best Company to Work in 2021 list. In combination with a large recruitment department and solid recruitment strategy, we can effortlessly scale along with your project, meaning that there will be no hitches.
- Certified professionals. N-iX Game & VR Studio is a member of Microsoft Xbox and Sony PlayStation partner programs which provide us with game development kits. With this hardware at hand, we always deliver high-quality console game development services. N-iX is also an Advanced Consulting Partner in the AWS Partner Network, one of only 9 Ukraine-based companies that obtained this accreditation.
- Solid experience with game engines. N-iX Game & VR Studio has extensive experience working both with Unity and Unreal Engine. We work on AAA titles with Supermassive Games and CI Games and implement 3D game development solutions in VR and AR, cloud, consoles, and PC.
Here are some of the recent game development projects our studio has been working on:
- Remothered: Broken Porcelain (Unreal Engine). Developed by Stormind Games, Broken Porcelain is the continuation of an award-winning horror game Remothered: Tormented Fathers. The game is available on both PC and console platforms and lets gamers experience a complex, psychological horror story that makes a lasting impression. For this project, the client partnered up with N-iX Game & VR Studio to optimize the game and deliver an immersive gaming experience to customers.
- QBSIM (Unreal Engine). Developed by Sports VTS in cooperation with N-iX Game & VR Studio, QBSIM is a one-of-a-kind VR solution that leverages motion-tracking technology to offer a realistic training experience for quarterbacks. QBSIM is an immersive VR training with hyper-realistic 3D graphics, as well as data performance tracking and analytics.
N-iX Game & VR Studio provides full-cycle game development services for this project. Our team is responsible for developing AI, creating highly realistic models based on full-body 3D scans, developing the ball catching system, implementing accurate ball trajectory tracing, providing the functionality for placing other 21 players on the field, and so much more.
- The Bazaar (Unity). Tempo Storm, a US-based esports organization with 50+ professional gamers, partnered with N-iX Game & VR Studio to create their very own digital-first strategy game. The Bazaar is a game of wits with complex yet intuitive game mechanics, interactive game boards, unique 2D and 3D art style, and a player-friendly monetization system. While the game is still in active development, here is what Tempo Storm’s CEO says about cooperation with N-iX:
If you are looking for seasoned Unity or Unreal Engine programmers, don't hesitate to contact us. Let’s create immersive gaming experiences together!