More than 2,900 commercial aircraft and 6,600 business aircraft are equipped with Gogo’s Wi-Fi services. To ensure flawless operation of all the systems and the best speed of the in-flight Internet, the company needed to collect and analyze huge amounts of data. This includes structured data like system uptime and latency and unstructured data like the number of concurrent Wi-Fi sessions and video views during a flight. However, the data they gathered was stored on-premise in many different sources. So the client’s main goal was to increase the capabilities of their in-house engineering team to build a unified data platform in the cloud. This would enable them to process their big data more efficiently and enhance customer experience based on the analysis results.
Gogo partnered with N-iX to perform the following tasks:
- Transition multiple data solutions to a new cloud-based data platform;
- Build the data warehouse system for storing and processing significant amounts of data;
- Perform Data Science and present insights as actionable BI reports;
- Improve operations and customer experience by applying machine learning and data science to user behaviour and flight information;
- Provide 24/7 operational team and enable uninterrupted performance of the client’s product (since the team is located in Ukraine, we are able to provide support during our working day while it’s night in the US).