N-iX embedded development team was able to meet all the client’s requirements and successfully complete all the tasks. The engineers ensured the highest quality of the technology, swiftly delivered the first prototype, and performed thorough testing of the product. The solution comprises wide functionality including:
- real-time media data transmission at high speed (up to 32 Gbps);
- high-end Xilinx FPGA with RocketIO Aurora transceivers + advanced Analog Devices DAC/ADC converters;
- multiplexing multiple media signals into one high speed digital stream that is then relayed to optic fiber;
- flexible signal conversion and routing (including point-to-multipoint);
- product passed certification for use at ORF1 Austrian national broadcasting.
X-Switch, the multi-media signal routing solution developed by the team resolved the following issues:
- removed copper cables length limitation for high speed digital signals;
- saved costs of installations (many copper cables to one optical);
- allowed on-the-fly signal conversion;
- allowed signal distribution from one source to many destinations;
As a result, the team provided full cycle high-tech software and hardware development and proved to be a reliable partner for high-tech projects. The technology, which is one of the fastest media switches, has been used by media companies for broadcasting Olympics, football matches, concerts etc.