About our client
SCHAD (now part of Fluke Corporation) provides enterprise asset management solutions based on SCADA and CMMS systems. Its applications are used by global leaders in manufacturing, automotive, utilities, and other industries enabling them to automate operations and prevent equipment failure.
The client needed to build a solution based on the legacy product EXTEND7000. SCHAD also required a hybrid mobile application that would be accessible on multiple platforms and would have offline and online data synchronization. The software product had to be customizable depending on specific business requirements to meet the varied need of the company’s clients.
N-iX engineers built the architecture of the solution to meet the growing customization and scalability challenges. The developers have worked on the server-side, back-end, and front-end components of the product created a hybrid mobile application based on PhoneGap framework and implemented online/offline mode synchronization.
- Customizable enterprise mobility solution that integrates CMMS and SCADA functionality;
- Hybrid mobile application accessible on multiple platforms;
- Seamless integration of offline and online modes, which ensures all time access to data.
Success story in detail
SCHAD was looking for a reliable development partner that could build a functional solution based on the legacy product EXTEND7000, as well as support and extend the existing version of the product. The team received the task to design and develop the solution that would help enterprises to integrate their IBM software with SCADA and CMMS systems. In addition, the customer sought to build a hybrid mobile application that would be accessible on multiple platforms.
- Offline and online data synchronization
N-iX development team faced the challenge of seamless integration of big amounts of data when the users switch between offline and online modes. Thus the engineers had to devise a fully self-contained solution that would enable consistent synchronization of the database.
SCHAD provides mobility solutions for such global brands as Toyota, Honda, ASDA, DPD, Munich airport and many others. As the operation principles of these companies differ significantly, the developers had to maximize the flexibility of the product and adjust it to diverse clients’ needs and business requirements.
N-iX Dedicated Development Team:
- Designed the architecture of the platform applying latest coding practices to match integration challenges with various CMMS systems
- Developed full lifecycle of the new solution including design, development, testing, and deployment of server-side and client-side components
- Built a hybrid mobile application using the PhoneGap framework, thus the product can be accessed via multiple platforms
- Employed a wide range of technologies including Java 8, Spring 4, Apache ActiveMQ, IBM Maximo, Phonegap, AngularJS 1.x etc.
- Came up with the solution for seamless synchronization of offline and online modes
- Provided quality control to guarantee error-free operation of the product
- Performed investigation, analysis, and technical support of the legacy system
- Performed R&D activities of various technologies and solutions to meet the customer’s business needs
- Scalable enterprise mobility solution that integrates CMMS and SCADA functionality
- Hybrid mobile application based on Phonegap framework and accessible on multiple platforms
- Seamless integration of offline and online modes, which ensures all time access to the data regardless of the connection status
- Customizable and flexible solution that can be used by businesses operating in different industries